We have less than a month until we tie up our aprons and get to decorating with our fabulous educator Whitney Barnett! As the owner of her own cupcake and catering business, we know you’re in for a special treat when we welcome her to our space. Her passion for adventure definitely shines through in everything she does. Read more about this sweet lady in her educator profile below:
Tell us some fun things about yourself:
- I am a big foodie and spend an incredible amount of time on Yelp looking for new places to try and review.
- I love traveling across the world and can’t wait to add more stamps to my passport. I’ve rode elephants in Thailand, ate Tagine in Morocco and eaten some of the best macarons in Paris!
- I love kawaii art .
- I hold a Master’s of Accounting and work in auditing during the day ( Yup, I love those numbers).
- I’m really into coffee and enjoy learning all about the roasting and brewing processes.
- I love adventure and always seek more of it every day.
How did you discover your passion for baking and decorating?
When I was a child I often spent time with my grandma helping in the kitchen and baking treats. I saw that at the end of every Sunday Dinner the real bonding and conversation began over grandma’s scratch baked goodies. As I grew older that warm feeling associated with baking and making family happy took over and pushed me in the direction to start baking for others 6 years ago. The feeling of making something delicious and people enjoying it is amazing!
What made you want to teach a cupcake decorating class?
Teaching a class seems like an awesome way to connect with others who love cupcakes and baked goods. Being able to help people ignite their baking passion , provide knowledge and tips, and just get in the kitchen and have fun is rewarding in itself.
How touching is Whitney’s relationship with her family? We definitely get that warm, fuzzy feeling when we start thinking about all the yummy cupcakes we’ll be enjoying soon! If you’re excited to join us, grab your tickets here!